Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. If your concern is not addressed here, please contact us for additional information.
- How can I report criminal activity?
- Citizens who have information relating to criminal activity and wanted persons can call the sheriffs HOTLINE: 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK. Information is kept confidential and callers may remain anonymous. 1-877-ARREST U (1-877-277-3788)
- How can I get directions to the courthouse?
- You will find directions on our website here.
- What are the sheriff's office hours?
- The Sheriff’s Office hours are 8:00am through 4:30pm
- How do I commend exceptional performance by a Sheriff’s Office employee?
- An inquiry, complaint or commendation may be made by letter, telephone or in person. If you seek to praise the actions of a particular employee, the best way to accomplish this is in writing. Please send a brief letter describing the incident and the actions you think were exceptional. Information such as the date, time and location will help identify the officer. Commendations received by the Sheriff’s Office are forwarded to the employee and a copy is placed in his/her personnel file. Please see the address for the Warren County Sheriff's Office here.
- How do I make a complaint concerning a Sheriff’s Office employee?
- If you wish to file a complaint, please be aware of the following guidelines:
* Your complaint will be sent a specially trained officer who will conduct a thorough and objective investigation.
* You may be asked to assist in the investigation by providing a detailed statement regarding your complaint. You may also be asked to provide important information and testify in a department hearing.
* All complaints against law enforcement officers are thoroughly investigated. You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
* If the investigation shows that a crime may have been committed, the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office will be notified. As a result, you may be asked to testify in court regarding this matter.
* If the investigation shows that the complaint is unfounded or the officer acted properly, the matter will be administratively closed.
* It is unlawful to provide information in this matter which you do not believe to be true.
- How long is the sheriff's term of office?
- The Sheriff is elected to office for a term of three years.
- What information may I obtain about someone in custody?
- Contact the Warren County Correctional Facility at 908.475.7900 should you have questions regarding, charges, bail, arresting agency, when arrested, visiting hours, tentative release date, any holds placed by other agencies.
Still Have Questions?
Contact us for further assistance.
Links of Interest
- Receive AMBER ALERT notifications via cell phone
- Gang Survey
- New Jersey Sex Offender Internet Registry
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- NetSmartz Internet Safety
- more links...
Citizens who have information relating to criminal activity and wanted persons can call the sheriffs HOTLINE: 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK. Information is kept confidential and callers may remain anonymous.
1-877-ARREST U (1-877-277-3788)